*This page is specific to the 2017 California wildfires that occurred in October (Northern California) and December (Southern California). This page is current as of September 24, 2018. It will be updated regularly as the recovery continues.
State Farm® Responds to 2017 California Wildfires
As each California wildfire event broke out, State Farm immediately began to position resources – people and equipment from across the country – in areas most impacted by the wildfires. Our work continues in California.
The October and December 2017 California wildfires resulted in approximately 8,200 claims to date. In response State Farm mobilized 700 associates to work in 17 offices including eight walk up tents and two brick-and-mortar offices. Seven catastrophe response vehicles were deployed to assist our customers in the recovery process. Our presence on the ground continually adjusts to respond to changing circumstances and the needs of our customers.
Customer Story: Wildfire Victims Find Hope in the Midst of Devastation
Recovery Process: Frequently Asked Questions
As the country's largest provider of auto and home insurance, we have faced countless significant weather and other major disasters throughout our 95-year history. Our State Farm agents, agent’s staff, local employees and claims specialists are always prepared to help customers with their claims. Before, during and after a catastrophic event, we help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams.
In the News:
- Santa Monica Mirror: Number of Insurance Claims Recieved from the SoCal Wildfires Surpasses 1,500 for State Farm (12/14/17)
- KTVU: Insurance Agent Camps Out in Office to Serve Customers (10/18/17)
- KRON4 Bay Area: With fire insurance, make sure it covers what you need (10/17/17)
- KSEE-TV: With fire insurance, make sure it covers what you need (10/13/17)
- KCBS Radio: State Farm Releases New Home, Auto Insurance Claim Numbers From Fires (10/12/17)
- KCOY - Santa Barbara: Fire insurance on the minds of homeowners after seeing devastating fires across California (10/12/17)
- East Bay Times: Interview with agent Kelly Lux (10/11/17)
- The Press Democrat: North Coast insurance agents on protecting home, finances from fire (08/15/16)
Lessons from the 2015 Valley Fire
The mission of State Farm is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its nearly 19,000 agents and approximately 58,000 employees serve approximately 83 million policies and accounts – approximately 81 million auto, fire, life, health and commercial policies and approximately 2 million bank accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 36 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.