New NBA Commercial Debuts Christmas Day
Basketball star Chris Paul has a new nemesis, and Oscar Nuñez as State Farm® Agent Cole Perez is there to help uninvited visitors go right. The new State Farm commercial “Deer” will launch during the NBA quintuple-header on Christmas Day across the ABC/ESPN family of networks.
“Deer” is the fourth commercial to launch in the 2018-19 basketball season. Four more are scheduled in 2019. They all communicate that whether it’s the game of basketball or the game of life, when you have a trusted playmaker like a State Farm agent on your team, you can always trust that they’ve “got you.”
State Farm kicked off the 2018-19 NBA season with three spots that debuted on NBA Opening Day (October 16, 2018). They continue the relationship between Chris Paul and his State Farm agent Cole Perez, played by actor Oscar Nuñez. The spots also feature Chris’ Houston Rockets teammate James Harden, and a cameo by Ty Teveldal, a real State Farm agent from Sioux Falls, SD.
Links and details about the commercials:
- In RoboAgent, Cole, Chris and James receive a visit from a knockoff robot created by a rival insurance company to compete with State Farm and the value of its agents. To James and Chris’s bemusement, the robot looks like Cole. In the end, a robotic display of emotion reveals the knockoff .can’t replicate the humanity and compassion of a State Farm agent.
- Nice Moments has Chris and Cole staring at clouds sitting on Cole’s car while they wait for help with a flat tire. To Chris’s confusion, Cole thinks every cloud looks like an overly detailed insurance disaster waiting to happen. This prompts Chris to suggest a vacation, to which Cole replies, “You know Chris, some of us don’t have an offseason.”
- In 19k Jerseys Cole shows Chris his new State Farm agent league jersey, numbered 13,172. Why such a high number? Cole explains that State Farm has over 19,000 agents. “I wanted number 13,171,” Cole says, “but Ty from Sioux Falls is in town, and he called dibs.” That’s when real State Farm agent Ty makes his cameo appearance.
In the News:
- Sports Illustrated: Chris Paul Q&A: Playing with Carmelo Anthony, Battling the Warriors and More (10/17/18)
- NYSportsJournalism.com: State Farm Brings Starters Chris Paul, James Harden Back For NBA Campaign (10/17/18)
The mission of State Farm is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its nearly 19,000 agents and approximately 65,000 employees serve approximately 83 million policies and accounts – approximately 81 million auto, fire, life, health and commercial policies and approximately 2 million bank accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 36 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.