2020 Annual Meeting of Members
The 2020 Annual Meeting of Members of State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company will not be an in-person meeting because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. In order to protect the health and safety of all those involved and abide by government-issued orders to restrict large gatherings, the annual meeting of members will not be an in-person meeting. The window to request a proxy has closed as deadline for receipt of proxies is June 1, 2020.
This is a unique set of circumstances we are facing in 2020. We hope to host our annual meeting of members in 2021 as we have traditionally done.
Frequently Asked Questions
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company holds an annual meeting of its members on the second Monday in June on an annual basis. The meeting is open to members, which means those who have an active policy issued by State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. If you are not sure if your policy was issued by State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, please refer to the declaration page of your policy or your insurance card. At the annual meeting of members, members are able to vote for candidates for the State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company board of directors as well as hear a report on the condition of the company. We are directing members to statefarm.com to be brought up to date on the condition of the company. Those who are eligible to vote, were encouraged to request a proxy ballot and turn it in by June 1.
- Each first named insured is allowed one vote, no matter how many policies he or she may have in force.
- Proxies are to be returned by mail using the postage pre-paid envelope to the address provided. Valid proxies will be tabulated if received by June 1, 2020. We have extended the deadline to return proxies in light of the unprecedented circumstances caused by COVID-19. We are unable to accommodate online or telephonic voting for this meeting.
- The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has caused the inability to meet in person in light of government-issued orders to restrict large gatherings. In order to protect the health and safety of all those involved, the annual meeting of members in 2020 will not be an in-person meeting. We are encouraging members who are eligible to vote at the annual meeting of members to do so by submitting a proxy ballot. This is a unique set of circumstances that we are facing in 2020, and our decisions related to changes in our normal annual member meeting process for 2020 are strictly related to this meeting only. If circumstances permit and all other things being considered, we hope to host our annual meeting of members in 2021 as we have traditionally done.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company policyholders receive notice of the annual meeting of members every year with their policy renewal.
- No, the time to submit nominations for director candidates has passed this year. If interested in submitting nominations for 2021 elections, please contact the Corporate Secretary to inquire about requirements for doing so. (State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Office of the Corporate Secretary, 1 State Farm Plaza, Bloomington, IL 61710)
- No, at this point, we are not able to accommodate email or electronic submission of proxy ballots. This allows us the ability to better validate membership and is consistent with our proxy practices for members who requested proxy ballots in 2020.
- There will not be a virtual or audio option. Members who are eligible to vote may submit their vote by way of proxy. The deadline to submit a proxy is June 1st. The time to request a proxy has expired.
- General questions can be directed to us by phone at 800-STATE-FARM (800-782-8332) or using the General Inquiries area in the Contact Us page on statefarm.com.
For 100 years, the mission of State Farm has and continues to be to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its 19,300 agents and nearly 55,000 employees serve approximately 86 million policies and accounts – which includes auto, fire, life, health, commercial policies and financial services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 39 on the 2021 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.