Be A Good Neighbor: Secure Your Pool!
It’s that time of year…the sizzle of the grill, the smell of fresh cut grass, flowers in bloom, family vacations, baseball, and of course cooling off while enjoying the water. Unfortunately, along with the fun being in and around water can bring, it is also the time of year when we hear and read about the tragedy of water related accidents and deaths.
An alarming fact to consider is how fast it happens.
This summer, you can be a good neighbor by making your pool safer for kids. Call a specialist in your area for an inspection and remember these tips:
1. If it’s not a designated time for enjoying the pool, make it impossible for the kids to sneak out alone.
2. Restrict access to above ground pools.
3. Make sure your pool is surrounded by a fence.
And whether you are at the pool or the beach, here are a few things to do when you’re with kids around water:
4. Be part of the action
5. Keep your eyes on the kids at all times. Always stay within arm’s reach of young children and put down the phones.
6. Remember, friends make everything more fun!
Enjoy your summer and keep your family safe. Visit www.redcross.org/prepare/disaster/water-safety for more safety tips.