Color Your Family Prepared
Make sure your family is prepared for emergencies.
Anyone who’s experienced a severe storm knows it can be overwhelming or even traumatic. Helping your family prepare in advance is a great way to alleviate some of the worry. The tips below, and this free downloadable coloring page, can spark the conversation in a fun way.
Make emergency preparedness a family affair. Get everyone involved before weather strikes.Talk as a family about potential weather hazards in your area. Once you’ve identified the risks, take these preventive actions:
Action: Create a Plan
- Designate a meeting point if you get separated
- Assign each family member responsibilities should a storm occur
- Create a home evacuation plan
- Maintain a home inventory in case of loss
Action: Make an Emergency Kit
- Bottled water
- Protein-rich food
- Battery operated radio
- Extra clothing
- Blankets or sleeping bags
Action: Don’t forget about your pets!
- Pack items in advance so your pet is also ready for the next emergency.
- This coloring page shows what to include.