Tips for keeping Halloween spooky yet safe this year.
When it comes to Halloween there are a number safety concerns that commonly come to mind. This year, plan ahead to help your family stay safe while having fun. The tips below will help you get ready for the night. Use our free coloring page to help spark conversation with your kids.
- Stick to trick or treating in familiar, well-lit neighborhoods.
- Ensure that costumes are made using flame retardant materials.
- Speak with children beforehand about never entering a stranger’s house.
- Make sure costumes fit properly and that masks provide appropriate vision and ventilation.
- Test cosmetic products on a small area before using them for the night.
- Use glow sticks or reflective tape to ensure everyone’s visible to motorists when walking at night.
- Check your children’s candy before they eat it and avoid homemade treats made by strangers.
Wishing you a happy and safe Halloween! ** Download and print the COLORING PAGE **
The mission of State Farm is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its 19,200 agents and 59,000 employees serve approximately 84 million policies and accounts – over 81 million auto, fire, life, health and commercial policies and over 2 million bank and investment planning services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 36 on the 2020 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.