Relationship supports Latino leaders’ abilities to foster resilient communities
NALEO Educational Fund and State Farm Reaffirm Long-Standing Partnership at Critical Time
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund and State Farm® today released the following statement from NALEO Educational Fund CEO, Arturo Vargas and State Farm Assistant Vice President and Counsel and NALEO Board Member, Michelle Mancias on the State Farm grant to NALEO Educational Fund and the partnership between the two organizations in support of various programming opportunities for Latino elected and appointed officials to better help them serve their communities:
“With the incredible support NALEO Educational Fund has received from State Farm for more than two decades, our organization has been able to provide premier professional development opportunities, policy convenings, and other programs for NALEO members, equipping them with the knowledge and leadership necessary to tackle some of our nation’s most pressing policy issues,” stated NALEO Educational Fund CEO, Arturo Vargas. “As our organization continues to meet the needs of Latino leaders as they confront a convergence of challenges affecting their communities, State Farm has remained firmly by our community’s side, sharing our vision of fostering support for Latino elected and appointed officials to strengthen communities and improve the lives of their constituents.”
State Farm grant of $565,000 will support the following NALEO Educational Fund programs:
- Emergency Response and Management
- This initiative helps state and local policymakers create more resilient communities by equipping them with model approaches, best practices, and resources for mitigating, responding to, and recovering from natural or man-made disasters.
- Workforce Development
- This initiative equips policymakers at all levels of government with the most current data, policy developments, and best practices on supporting robust workforce development systems that prepare workers to succeed in the various sectors of a 21st Century economy, particularly as they are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supporting County & Municipal Officials: Leadership in Time of Crisis
- With local officials on the front lines of addressing the well-being of our families and communities, this program supports the effective leadership and policy practices for officials serving at the county and municipal levels.
- NALEO Legislative Summit
- The Summit convenes Latino state legislators alongside local officials for strategic, cross-jurisdictional engagement on the pressing policy issues affecting the Latino community and the nation.
- NALEO Annual Conference – Community Service Project
- This conference-based service project engages NALEO members from across the country to benefit a local organization or project addressing the needs of vulnerable or underserved community members.
“Making a positive difference in communities where we live and work is fundamental to State Farm” said Michelle Mancias State Farm Assistant VP and Counsel. “We are thankful for our long-standing partnership with to help educate Latino elected and appointed officials make an impact in their communities.”
About NALEO Educational Fund
NALEO Educational Fund is the nation’s leading non-partisan, non-profit organization that facilitates the full participation of Latinos in the American political process, from citizenship to public service.
The mission of State Farm is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its 19,300 agents and nearly 55,000 employees serve approximately 86 million policies and accounts – which includes auto, fire, life, health, commercial policies and financial services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 39 on the 2021 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.