Drone Safety is Everyone's Responsibility
National Drone Safety Awareness Week, November 4-10, 2019
Drones are helping assess your insurance risk. They are being used to scope out damage after a hurricane. And, they are providing new careers - some here at State Farm®.
As an industry leader, safety has been at the forefront of our use of drone technology. State Farm was the first insurer to obtain an Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) waiver for commercial use. It collaborates with public sector partners like Virginia Tech’s Mid-Atlantic Aviation Partnership (MAAP). Data and research from these types of collaborative efforts is helping to drive innovation in this rapidly changing technology.
National Drone Safety Awareness Week is Nov. 4-10, 2019. It is meant to recognize and advance the public-private partnerships and collaborations with drone technology. Each day, drone successes and accomplishments within different sectors will be highlighted.
- Monday: Public Safety and Security
- Tuesday: Business – Photography, Real Estate, Insurance
- Wednesday: Business – Infrastructure and Agriculture
- Thursday: Business – Commercial and Medical Package Delivery
- Friday: Education and STEM
- Saturday and Sunday: Recreational Flyers
National Drone Safety Awareness Week Tweets
Learn more about the use of drones in the insurance industry.
- AUVSI (January 8, 2019) – State Farm granted first national FAA waiver to conduct UAS flights over people and BVLOS
- Drone Life (January 8, 2019) - State Farm Granted First National FAA Waiver for Damage Assessment Drone Flights
- Virginia Tech Daily (March 8, 2019) - National waiver lays out a roadmap for drone integration
- Robotics Business Review (March 15, 2019) - How State Farm Earned National Waiver for Drone Flights
The mission of State Farm is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its 19,300 agents and nearly 55,000 employees serve approximately 86 million policies and accounts – which includes auto, fire, life, health, commercial policies and financial services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 39 on the 2021 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.