Even Passwords Need Protection
We’re here to help you protect what's important.
May 4, 2017 is World Password Day, a global celebration to promote better password habits. It's less about celebrating, and more about protecting yourself and your family from cyber-crime and identity theft. Passwords are critical gatekeepers to our digital identities. They grant access to the online accounts we use for shopping, social media, and private communication. Isn't that worth protecting?
- Don't share your passwords with anyone.
- Use different passwords for different accounts.
- Choose a password that's easy for you to remember, but difficult for others to guess.
- Don't use a word found in a dictionary.
- Use letters, special characters/symbols, but don't repeat the same character three times in a row.
- Don't use the name of your spouse, children, or pets.
- Don't use common dates, including your birthday, anniversary, etc.
- Don’t use strings of letters/characters/symbols found on your keyboard such as 1234567 or qwerty.
The mission of State Farm is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its nearly 19,000 agents and approximately 65,000 employees serve approximately 83 million policies and accounts – approximately 81 million auto, fire, life, health and commercial policies and approximately 2 million bank accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 36 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.