State Farm Celebrates September as Good Neighbor Month
What started as a day, the company has helped turn into a month-long initiative.
Observed annually on Sept. 28, Good Neighbor Day is a reminder that we all play a role in strengthening communities. President Jimmy Carter declared the day a national holiday in 1978 through a proclamation, which reads in part, “We are mindful that the noblest human concern is concern for others.”
State Farm is encouraging everyone to celebrate Good Neighbor Month this September by demonstrating what being a good neighbor is all about through acts of kindness.
Here are some ideas:
- Find the issues that move you. Look for relatable causes that also inspire you to act.
- Be honest about what you can offer. Use your skills, hobbies or abilities to help others.
- Try something new. If you just want to help, however you can, look for causes that stretch you a bit.
- Resist overcommitting. Keep from burning out by making time for friends, family and yourself.
- Bring your friends. Inviting friends to volunteer is fun and can help the cause even more.
- Be smart about it. Do some research to see how your time and energy make an impact.
Find volunteer opportunities near you.
And remember, even something as simple as buying someone a cup of coffee can make a person’s day a little brighter.
Happy Good Neighbor Month!
For over 100 years, the mission of State Farm has been to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its more than 19,400 agents and 67,000 employees serve over 91 million policies and accounts – including auto, fire, life, health, commercial policies and financial services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is also available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 44 on the 2023 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.