Making Car Care Easier - State Farm™ Teams Up with Openbay
Offering a one-stop source to connect with mechanical car repair and maintenance services.
State Farm, the largest auto-insurer in the U.S., today announced a strategic relationship with Openbay, an online marketplace for auto repair. Openbay provides a new way for vehicle owners to compare quotes for mechanical auto-repair and maintenance services and book an appointment online.
Through this collaboration, State Farm is making it easier for busy car owners to keep their vehicles in good running order. Open to State Farm customers and non-customers alike, Openbay will provide special offers and incentives for people to book vehicle service through its nationwide network of auto-repair centers.
"At State Farm, we recognize the value of the innovative technologies companies like Openbay offer. Openbay will be helping us achieve our goal of being a resource for people throughout the time they own their car, and not only when they need insurance,” said Pat Culligan, Assistant Vice President – Marketing at State Farm. “We work to exceed customer expectations, by providing more than insurance; we want to help life go right. We hope through this alliance with Openbay more drivers will have an opportunity to experience a seamless and hassle-free approach to auto-repair and maintenance.”
How Openbay Works
- Vehicle owners may go online via Openbay.com/StateFarm and choose or describe the service their vehicles need.
- Local repair shops in the Openbay Network will review the service request and respond with quotes to complete the work.
- Users will compare quotes, and select a service provider based on proximity, customer reviews, and price. Quotes include parts, labor and taxes.
- Users then schedule an appointment via Openbay.
- Once the service is complete, users pay for the service via Openbay, which maintains vehicle-service history online, and issues rewards toward future service. Openbay backs all transactions completed on its platform with a Peace-of-Mind Guarantee.
“This alliance provides car owners an efficient, modern way to get their vehicles serviced, leveraging the latest technologies found nowhere else in the auto-care industry,” said Rob Infantino, CEO and Founder of Openbay. “This relationship with the nation’s largest auto-insurance company is a privilege for the Openbay team.”
Openbay is an online marketplace transforming the auto-repair experience for consumers, and the way that service providers acquire and service customers. In 2015, Openbay announced OpenbayConnect, allowing connected cars to communicate with Openbay for repair and maintenance service. Openbay is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is privately held, and its investors include Stage 1 Ventures, Boston Seed Capital, GV (formerly Google Ventures), a16z seed, and several individual investors.
Connecting with Openbay:
- Corporate Website: http://www.openbay.com
- Download Openbay’s Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.openbay.vo
- Download Openbay’s iOS App: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id724979552
- Download OpenbayASP: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/openbayasp-openbay-for-automotive/id1021671009?mt=8
- Blog: http://www.openbay.com/blog
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/openbay
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/openbay
Openbay, OpenbayConnect, OpenbayASP, and Openbay logos are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Openbay, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The mission of State Farm is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its nearly 19,000 agents and nearly 70,000 employees serve more than 84 million policies and accounts – more than 81 million auto, fire, life, health and commercial policies, and more than 2 million bank accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 33 on the 2016 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.