State Farm® releases its second Environmental, Social and Governance Report
Greenhouse gas reduction updates and sustainability efforts included in latest report.
State Farm has released its 2021 Environmental Social and Governance Report. The 2021 report demonstrates our commitment and actions toward the concept, “Good Neighbors. Better World.” by outlining our ESG framework, and progress on environmental sustainability, social impact, and responsible governance of company operations.
Topics in the report include:
- Progress toward our goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2030 (using 2019 as a baseline year); we’re on track to meet that goal.
- Progress toward our supplier diversity goal.
- An update on our $100 million pledge with Business Roundtable over a 5-year period to help minority communities and address issues of racial equity and justice.
- More context on our data privacy and security efforts and the governance structures we have in place to ensure we keep our promises to customers and protect the information they’ve entrusted us with.
- Continued reach and breadth of our philanthropy efforts – over $55 million in grants given in 2021 and 202,000 hours volunteered by agents and employees.
- Efforts to use less paper – 70 million paper communications reduced last year alone.
As our ESG strategy matures, State Farm will identify the appropriate industry standards to track and validate progress.
For 100 years, the mission of State Farm has been and continues to be to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its more than 19,400 agents and approximately 53,400 employees serve over 87 million policies and accounts – which includes auto, fire, life, health, commercial policies and financial services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 42 on the 2022 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.