Theft Prevention Tips for Your Home and Vehicle
Home or vehicle theft and burglary can happen to anyone. Theft is commonly a crime of opportunity, so a few simple precautions can both lower your risk of theft and leave you better prepared to recover if a theft happens to you.
The State FarmⓇ Simple Insights article library offers advice on a wide array of insurance, safety, and financial topics. The following articles on theft prevention are some of the many great references available to help with the challenges of everyday life.
Vehicle theft prevention:
- Preventing Car Theft: From your keys to parking choice, there's more you can be doing to prevent theft.
- 5 Ways to Boost Security for Cars: Follow these tips to help deter thieves and keep your vehicle safe.
Home burglary prevention & recovery:
- Protect Yourself Against Home Burglary: When you're home or away, these home burglary prevention ideas preserve security.
- 13 Ways to Protect Your Home When You Travel: Prevent your house from becoming a target with tips for security during vacation.
- Pretend You are Home and More Ways to Deter Burglary: Theft happens, so try these affordable ways to increase security and protect your home.
- Home Security: The Latest Burglar-Thwarting Options: The types of home alarm systems and how their features improve your home security.
- How to Create a Home Inventory: A home inventory can expedite insurance claims process after theft, damage or loss.
Talk to a State Farm agent today to make sure you understand what coverage is available and how your insurance coverage works.
For 100 years, the mission of State Farm has been, and continues to be, to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its more than 19,400 agents and approximately 53,400 employees serve over 87 million policies and accounts – which includes auto, fire, life, health, commercial policies and financial services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 39 on the 2021 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.