Stay Safe from California Wildfires
Visit CA.gov for Power Outage and Fire Recovery Resources
State Farm is deeply committed to the communities we serve. We stand ready to help.
Customers impacted by the California wildfires can visit st8.fm/claim or call 1-800-SFCLAIM to file a claim.
Your agent can also help and give you more time to pay your premium if needed.
Problems paying your loan? Call 1-877-SF4-BANK.
Part of a mandatory evacuation?
- Safety first: Material things can be replaced but the loss of life or serious injury can’t be fixed.
- Stay tuned: Follow news reports and information from first responders.
- Keep living expenses receipts: They may be reimbursable after meeting your deductible.
- What to expect from the claims process: We will work with you closely to resolve your claim.
If you have not been evacuated but your home could become threatened - time is of the essence.
- Know Your Evacuation Plan: Create it, discuss it and include where to go/reunite, who to call, etc.
- Make a home inventory: Document your personal possessions, because proof of ownership can make your claim settlement easier and faster. A quick video of each room can help a lot later on.
- Back up your information: Back up vital photos, documents and financial information.
- Create an evacuation package: Put original vital documents and irreplaceable items (paper photos, family heirlooms, etc.) in one place so it is ready to go.
- Talk to your agent: Discuss your coverage needs, understand your deductible and the difference between the current market value of a property and its replacement cost.
If you suffer damage, file a claim.
- When it is safe to do so, file a claim. Contact State Farm® to get the process started - contact your agent, call 1-800-SF-Claim, go to st8.fm/claim or use our mobile application.
Wildfires are causing more damage to homes and businesses each year. So far in 2019, there have been more than 44,537 wildfires*. These have burned almost 4.5 million acres and resulted in widespread damage, firefighter injuries, and the deaths of local residents.
There are currently seven active large fires in California. Residents are encouraged to take necessary action with regard to wildfire safety and to take steps to be prepared for wildfire.
* according to the National Interagency Fire Center
- Wildfire Preparation Infographic
- Cal Fire
- Creating a Home Inventory
- What to Do After a House Fire
Visit Simple Insights for more articles and tips to help you and your family prepare for and recover from wildfires.
In the News
- The Weather Channel: Southern California Will Experience Strongest Santa Ana Winds Yet in New Round of Dangerous Fire Weather Conditions (10/29/19)
For 100 years, the mission of State Farm has been and continues to be to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its more than 19,400 agents and approximately 53,400 employees serve over 87 million policies and accounts – which includes auto, fire, life, health, commercial policies and financial services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 42 on the 2022 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.
State Farm Contacts
Public Affairs Specialist
Kailey Burton Miller
Corporate Responsibility Analyst (Central & Southern CA)
Public Affairs Specialist
Media Specialist (CA, NV, WA, OR, ID, AK, HI)