Affected by Hurricane Laura? We Are There for You.
If you are impacted by the storm, you can file a claim online, through the State Farm Mobile App, call 1-800-SFCLAIM, or contact your local agent's office.
More than 35,300 insurance claims were filed with State Farm in the week following the Laura’s landfall. Residents across Louisiana and Texas continue reporting damage to their homes and vehicles as impacted areas become more accessible. State Farm catastrophe response drone teams are assessing damage for customers across Lake Charles and other impacted areas.
Please continue to monitor local information. When it is safe to do so, make (or have a contractor make) temporary repairs to prevent further damage to your home or property. Save receipts if you purchase items such as tarps, plywood or other repair supplies. Take photos/videos of damage for claim documentation.
We're continuing to gear up claims resources in response to #HurricaneLaura. We're balancing health and safety with our commitment to customers, we’re working virtually and in person, practicing social distancing with protective equipment.
The State Farm Weather and Catastrophe Team is being dispatched to the hardest hit areas.
Face-to-Face protocols, adjustments and staffing during COVID-19
- First and foremost, we are committed to the health and safety of our customers, the communities where we live and work, and our claim employees.
- Our claim operations remain open and available to service your claims. We are monitoring this changing health issue and continually evaluating our response.
- Virtual claim inspection options are available in most states if legally permitted.
- Claims can always be submitted and managed by calling or emailing your State Farm agent, calling 1-800-SFCLAIM, submitting a claim through our mobile app or through our website at statefarm.com/claims.
- Continuous innovation and adaptation have positioned State Farm as the insurance industry leader. The pandemic is a rapidly changing situation and the decisions we are making balance health concerns with our obligation to continue to serve you.
- Claims specialists arriving to inspect Hurricane Laura damage.
- Homeowner Brenna Hebert discusses her Hurricane Laura claim with claim specialists Joy Hillsman-Caffie, Andy Blackmer and Cory Whitworth
- Drone operator Andy Blackmer checks weather conditions prior to flying a drone to inspect damage caused by Hurricane Laura.
- Hurricane Laura damaged street
- The aftermath of Hurricane Laura
More tips and resources:
- Avoid driving if possible. If you have to travel, turn around if the road is flooded or blocked by debris.
- Stay away from downed power lines. Anything touching the power line can carry a charge. Report the downed line and avoid the area.
- Simple Insights: Hurricane disaster cleanup after the storm
In the News:
- KADN-15: State Farm Using Drones to Assess Damage (9/4/20)
- The Times-Picayune: State Farm insurance claims hit 24,800 for Louisiana homeowners after Hurricane Laura (9/1/20)
- CBS-42: Like good neighbors, Alabamians are there (8/27/20)
- WVTM-13: Hurricane Laura relief staging in Birmingham area (8/27/20)
- The Weather Channel: CAT 2 Laura Moving Inland (8/27/20)
- Houston Chronicle: Season's first hurricane gives Texans a taste of how COVID has shaped insurance claims (8/4/20)
- AccuWeather: Now is the time to prepare for hurricane season (6/1/20)
The mission of State Farm is to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its 19,200 agents and 59,000 employees serve approximately 84 million policies and accounts – over 81 million auto, fire, life, health and commercial policies and over 2 million bank and investment planning services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 36 on the 2020 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.