We’re Here to Help in times of need. Customers impacted by Irma can contact their local agent, call 1-800-SFCLAIM (1-800-732-5246), or visit st8.fm/File-a-Claim to start the claim process.
- ATTENTION FLORIDIANS: Understand the issue of FL Assignment of Benefits (AOB). Click here to view the AOB Fact Sheet and Red Flag Checklist from the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.
- Visit Simple Insights for more hurricane-related information.
Don't make a costly MISTAKE!
Given the possibility of damage and claims from the approaching storm, we want to make Floridians aware of an important issue called AOB (Assignment of Benefits).
If you are insured with State Farm, please follow these tips to keep your rights with your claim:
- If you have a property damage loss in your home, contact State Farm immediately to report the claim. We are here to help 24/7. 1-800-SFCLAIM (1-800-732-5246)
- Be careful before signing anything without fully reading the documents. An AOB transfers the payment and many rights of your claim to the vendor or contractor for the services provided or to be provided. Keep your rights!
- Preserve all building and/or plumbing materials removed by any contractor or vendor until you speak with State Farm.
If you have any additional questions about Assignment of Benefits, contact your local State Farm agent or www.fightfraud.today for additional details.
Click here to view the AOB Fact Sheet and Red Flag Checklist from the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.
In the News:
- 09-14-17 CBS Moneywatch: In Florida, insurance agents are scramblintg, too
- 09-08-17 Sun-Sentinal: In the path of Irma? Follow these insurance guidelines | Opinion
- State Farm annually gives $1 million to the American Red Cross for disaster relief. We recently made an additional donations to the Red Cross and food banks providing hurricane relief.
- State Farm associates and retirees have individually donated nearly $225,000 to hurricane relief efforts. Through the company’s matching gift program, we’ve been able to bring the total to more than $449,000.
For 100 years, the mission of State Farm has been and continues to be to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its more than 19,400 agents and approximately 53,400 employees serve over 87 million policies and accounts – which includes auto, fire, life, health, commercial policies and financial services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 42 on the 2022 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.
Media Specialist (AL, AR, FL, IN, KY, LA, OH, MS, TN, WV)
Media Specialist (Atlanta Hub, AL, AR, GA, FL, LA, MS, NC, SC)
Media Specialist (NY, ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, DE, NJ, PA, MD, DC, VA, WV)
Corporate Responsibility Analyst (FL)
Public Affairs Specialist