World’s First ‘All Things Gaming’ Neighborhood Returns: The Gamerhood 2
Popular gamers and content creators compete for a charitable donation in a neighborhood built like no other.
State Farm® brings back the world’s first ‘all things gaming’ neighborhood airing in June. The brand has teamed up with eight of the most recognized names in streaming, gaming, and content creation. In each episode, one team will advance to face off against Jake from State Farm (and his mystery guest) in various online and backyard games.
This year teams of two compete in everything from classic family games to video games and even yard games from their own tiny houses. Easy enough? Think again. These gamers must keep their cool and persevere through many unexpected, dramatized obstacles relating to (mostly) real-world mishaps. The better they play, the more prepared they can be.
Tune into the State Farm Twitch or YouTube Channel every Thursday in June (7 p.m. ET) to follow along with your favorite teams as they compete for a $100K charitable donation in their name and a key to the State Farm Gamerhood. Fans can also expect to see an entirely new interactive component for at-home gameplay from their devices for a chance to win prizes of their own.
A Stacked Roster
This season, each team will play on behalf of a selected nonprofit organization for a chance to win a $100,000 donation in their names. Here’s the breakdown of The Gamerhood Challenge 2 teams and charities:
- Berleezy and ImDontai: Competing for a donation in their names to Junior AchievementTM
- BlackKrystel and Krystalogy: Competing for a donation in their names to American Red Cross
- Ludwig and Typical Gamer: Competing for a donation in their names to Feeding America®
- Ninja and Jessica Blevins: Competing for a donation in their names to Habitat for Humanity®
Jake from State Farm also brings a surprise online personality with him to compete against the gamers – tune in each week to meet his mystery guest.
Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez and Barbara Dunkleman return to host the Gamerhood Challenge 2.
- The Gamerhood Challenge is a revolutionary concept. It is the only competition to truly incorporate and acknowledge all things gaming (casual games, sports, competitive games, in-person games, online games, yard games, esports).
- The five-episode series takes place in a custom-built neighborhood constructed on a 50,000 sq. ft. set. Mishaps were built into the neighborhood and tiny homes, and are mechanically triggered using a variety of mechanisms, including hydraulics, catapult systems, air vacuums and more.
- Beyond fun and accessible entertainment, State Farm integrates insurance into the world of gaming and streaming to help teach consumers basic preparedness techniques.
- Fans can play and win too by tapping into our at-home gameplay from their devices. At-home winners will be selected during each episode.
How to Watch
This year’s Gamerhood Challenge will air on the State Farm Twitch and State Farm YouTube channels at 7 p.m. ET every Thursday in June. In addition to the weekly episodes available for streaming, there will be livestreams, VODs, social content, and at-home interactive game play.
View more photos from the Gamerhood Challenge 2 on our State Farm Flickr
For over 100 years, the mission of State Farm has been to help people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected and realize their dreams. State Farm and its affiliates are the largest providers of auto and home insurance in the United States. Its more than 19,400 agents and 67,000 employees serve over 91 million policies and accounts – including auto, fire, life, health, commercial policies and financial services accounts. Commercial auto insurance, along with coverage for renters, business owners, boats and motorcycles, is also available. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent of the State Farm family of companies. State Farm is ranked No. 44 on the 2023 Fortune 500 list of largest companies. For more information, please visit http://www.statefarm.com.